EMPORIA, Kan. (WIBW) – A construction worker has been electrocuted at a meatpacking plant in Emporia.
KVOE reports that a construction worker was taken to Newman Regional Health on Thursday morning September 29 after being electrocuted in West Emporia.
Emporia Fire Captain Ben Lienemann said emergency crews were called to Fanestil Meats at 4700 W US Highway 50 around 9:15 a.m. after it was reported that a construction worker had fallen of a ladder when he was electrocuted.
Deputy John Koelsch noted that the man was shocked, was able to walk to the ambulance and was later taken to hospital with undisclosed injuries.
The incident comes as the meatpacking plant builds a 40,000 square foot processing plant on the current site of the local fresh market.
Copyright 2022 WIBW. All rights reserved.